Monday, March 31, 2008

My friend Corie asks...how would I advise Barak

My friend Corie (http://www.CorieCommunications.com) asks in her post how I would advise Barak Obama to distance himself from his Pastor who made remarks that have injured his campaign.

I'm glad I'm not a political pundit, I'm much too blunt. I'd probably advise him to tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. If he knew his Pastor's views - I'd say say, and say whether he agreed at that time and (I would hope) that his experience in Senate has taught him that his Pastor was wrong if previously agreed, if he didn't agree. Say so - (as he's done). The Truth will make you free.

FB

1 comment:

Corie said...

Thanks, Fred! Obviously I'm a little delayed in catching your reply to my question. I just discovered Google Reader, so I am hoping to stay on top of your blog more regularly now. Thanks for the response. I tend to agree - he should have just been very open from the get-go with this one. It's an issue that's stuck around far too long for anyone's good. Hope you're doing well! And thanks for linking to my blog!